Counseling and Student Services
Academic/College Counseling Team
LeRon Maull & Dr. Cooper
Education is in EFFECT!!! Students, parents and faculty please take the time to go over the Academic College Counseling Page. Please get a head start on the future that stands before us.
1. VPPHS Academic/College Counseling Center Newsletter---The newsletters are packed with information on Colleges, Scholarships, Test deadlines and much more
Check out Mr. Nunley's Scholarship Page that has many Scholarship for you. (Click Below)
Check Your Cal Grant Status by creating a Webgrant account (Click The Link Below)
4. CSU Education Opportunity Programs (EOP)
California State Universities (CSU)
EOP is geared towards access and retention to highly motivated, historically low-income, first generation college students who meet or require special admission criteria. EOP helps with academic assistance, financial assistance to eligible students and a staff that will help you get through college. The link below is the California State University EOP Handbook.
5. SAT ACT Test Prep
The link below will take you to Khan Academy which has a great SAT Prep course. The site also is good for many subjects that High School students study day to day.
UC Application Presentation and CSU Application Presentation
University of California (UC) The link below is a presentation that takes you through the process of filling out a University of California Application. The presentation goes over critical sections of the application that you must fill out including where to sign up for
application fee waivers. When you click on the link below the presentation will download to your computer. When you click on the presentation click the space bar to go to the next slide.
7. University California Personal Statement Prompts
The U.C. application has two personal statement prompts:
- Describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
- Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?
Opportunity for Learning is an Independent Studies where you can make up classes. (Click Below)
Click above for National University Academy NUA which is a FREE accredited, K-12 offering a High School Program in an independent studies format (Credit Recovery)
17. Calculate your GPA for your Cal Grant GPA Verification form. Follow directions on the form step by step. (Click Below)
18. Calculate your own Un-Weighted and Weighted GPA